Saluting Our Wounded Warriors
The Red Hills Wounded Warrior Group Inc. is a non-profit organization
that was originated in 2011 by Walter Hatchett and Brian Proctor for
the benefit of wounded soldiers returning from active duty overseas.
The purpose of this organization is to organize outdoor hunting events
with their fellow wounded soldiers that would otherwise not have these
opportunities afforded to them. Our list of invited veterans is made
up in cooperation with the National Wounded Warrior Project and
consists of young men from the states of Florida, Georgia and Alabama.
An additional objective is to bring awareness to all our National Heroes
that have served our Country so unselfishly and given so much, but to
these soldiers in particular that have returned with such severe
injuries. Our hunts and gatherings have been filmed by Mossy Oak
Productions for television programs to be aired to promote the
National Wounded Warrior Project and organizations such as the Red
Hills Wounded Warrior Group. If you would like to make a donation to
help promote this program, please make a check out to the Red
Hills Wounded Warrior Group Inc, or visit our donations page. All donations are appreciated, are to
the total benefit of our Wounded Warriors and also tax-deductible.
Brian Proctor and Walter Hatchett
- In 2011, RHWWG raised over $11,000.
- RHWWG brings together National heroes and volunteers of all ages in celebration of the great outdoors.
- Wounded Warriors have been afforded the opportunity to appear on Mossy Oak Productions "Hunting The Country" on the Outdoor Channel.
- In 2013, RHWWG plans to add a fishing weekend to the annual activities.
- Over two dozen individuals assisted with hunts/activities.
- RHWWG provides hunting weekends for approx. 30 wounded warriors each year